Friday, August 30, 2013

Week 7 Cupcake - Twinkies Cupcake

This is the 3rd of my 3 request cupcakes.  The Twinkies cupcake was Ringo's idea though to be honest I'm not sure he's ever had an actual Twinkies.



1. Source: A blog called Restless Chipotle that I've never used before.  Her pictures are great though.

2. Ease of Recipe (1 being cake mix/canned icing - 5 tons of steps and very time consuming): 4.  Making the sponge cake was a bit challenging and it had a filling and frosting made from scratch.

3. Changes Made:  None

4. Problems:  I'm not sure what I did wrong with the making of the cake but it came out very stiff and dry.  Also I didn't have quite enough frosting for a good sized glob on top of all 18.

5.  Overall Impression:  These were not my favorite cupcakes but I'm not a huge fan of Twinkies in the first place so I'm probably not the best judge.  Nothing about this particular recipe really wowed me.

6. Quantity:  18

7. Make Again?:  No probably not.  If I did I would double the frosting recipe though.


No comments:

Post a Comment