Saturday, July 27, 2013

July Birchbox Contents and Review

I got my first Birchbox in the mail July 24th.  The actual box size was smaller than I expected but still a good bargain for only $10/month.  

In this month's box I received - 


The packaging was a little spray bottle.  I've used it pretty generously twice and there's plenty left.  At least 2 or 3 more times.  There's a "salon" scent when spraying but it seems to fade pretty quick or at least isn't overwhelming.  I can still smell the scent of my shampoo and conditioner.  With each use my hair feels very soft and styles very well.  It's $32 for 200ml but depending on how long the sample size lasts it may be worth the splurge.





The packaging was a little squeeze tube.  A little goes a long way so the tube itself will probably last as long as 2 weeks.  The color works well with my skin tone and the product seems to control shine pretty well.  I can't tell how well it fixes my skin because a) it was looking pretty good before I started using this and b) I've only used it twice.  The fragrance is very strong when applying and kind of a heavy pine-y scent.  Luckily it fades almost instantly or it would be unwearable.  It's $39 for 1.7oz which would probably last quite awhile.  I'll have to go back to my old drugstore BB cream before I can tell if this is worth the purchase.


The packaging is 2 sizable foil packets.  I could easily get 2 uses out of each package.  The packet opens easily without sending product everywhere.  This is a good self tanning lotion and the color is very natural.  At $18 for 8oz the price is a little steep but not impossibly so.  I probably won't buy this because I just don't use self-tanning lotion.







The packaging was a really cute glass bottle that is a miniature of what you would get the full size product in.  It does seem to even and brighten my complexion a bit.  It does have a fragrance but it's nice and clean and isn't too overwhelming when the lotion is on.  It is $28 for 1.7oz which is steep but also not unreasonable for a high quality moisturizer.  It's a toss up between this and the Prep & Protect spray for what I would buy from this box.




I got these in white and love the pattern on them.  I normally don't use bobby pins but these are thick and heavy duty enough that I might attempt them.  They're more the width of a barrette than a bobby pin so more of an accessory than a tool.  It's $5 for a set of 6 so if I do end up using them I'll definitely buy a set.  





All in all 5 good size products - 2 I really like, 2 I do like but probably won't buy and 1 that I normally don't use but am now interested in trying.  I'd only heard of 1 of these brands before (Benefit) so it was fun discovering new brands.  I love that you get 10 points per review for reviewing the products you received.  For every 100 points you get a $10 credit.  So 10 points for buying the box, and then 50 points for reviews makes it a incentive program that you actually get something out of.

1 comment:

  1. I ended up cancelling my subscription cause all I got were creams for old skin! But I did love the points reviewing thing, and redeemed points before I quit.

    ReplyDelete