This is the 3rd of my 3 request cupcakes. The Twinkies cupcake was Ringo's idea though to be honest I'm not sure he's ever had an actual Twinkies.
1. Source: A blog called Restless Chipotle that I've never used before. Her pictures are great though.
2. Ease of Recipe (1 being cake mix/canned icing - 5 tons of steps and very time consuming): 4. Making the sponge cake was a bit challenging and it had a filling and frosting made from scratch.
3. Changes Made: None
4. Problems: I'm not sure what I did wrong with the making of the cake but it came out very stiff and dry. Also I didn't have quite enough frosting for a good sized glob on top of all 18.
5. Overall Impression: These were not my favorite cupcakes but I'm not a huge fan of Twinkies in the first place so I'm probably not the best judge. Nothing about this particular recipe really wowed me.
6. Quantity: 18
7. Make Again?: No probably not. If I did I would double the frosting recipe though.