Thursday, September 26, 2013

Birchbox - September

This is my 3rd box from Birchbox and definitely my favorite.  I've adjusted my preferences after the last 2 boxes but I think I'm going to leave them alone for awhile.  Each box has had at least one product that I really enjoyed and really worked for me.  In this box pretty much all of them did.  I got this and my Ipsy Glambag on the same day so it was a very exciting mail day!





Ruffian Nail Lacquer in Fox Hunt
I got the full sized Ruffian polish in Fox Hunt which is thankfully a really pretty orange-coral color.  Very wearable and very pretty.  The formula reminded me of Essie - one coat went on smoothly with good coverage but for just a little extra umph I went with 2 coats.  The polish lasted about the same length that my OPI and Essie polishes normally last.  The bottle is cute and the handle does make it a little easier to use though not so much that I would pay the extra $2 over an Essie polish.



amika Obliphica Perk Up Dry Shampoo
This came in a travel size can.  It's a really decent size - much more than 1 or 2 uses.  I haven't tried this one out yet because I really don't use dry shampoo very often.












Le Couvent des Minimes Gardener's Hand Healer
This is a great hand cream.  It's moisturizing with a light lemon/herby scent.  The fragrance isn't so heavy that it's overwhelming any time I bring my hands towards my face and it doesn't leave my hands feeling coated like most hand creams do.  This came in a nice sized travel tube.










Grand Central Beauty S.M.A.R.T. Skin Perfecting Polisher
This is the only product that I've tried that I wasn't absolutely in love with.  It's fine but nothing particularly exciting or amazing.  It's more of a cleanser than a serum and while it works fine it doesn't provide particularly amazing results.  I think I'll stick with my regular Neutrogena cleanser and put this little bottle away for travel.








BCBGMAXAZRIA Bon Genre Perfume
This came in a larger size glass perfume sample tube with a little sprayer on top.  It's supposed to be a mix of edgy and girly.  I really like this perfume and will most likely get this in full size at some point.  It's a pretty scent but has a touch of warm spice that keeps it from being too sweet.





No comments:

Post a Comment