Monday, April 7, 2014

Ipsy Glambag Review - March

No matter what's going wrong in my day if I see this bright pink envelope in the mailbox my mood suddenly improves about 100%  I can never wait to open it which is why these pictures are taken in a messy car going to and from somewhere!  March was a great month for Ipsy!

The bag this month was designed exclusively for ipsy by Klari Reis and is a street map of San Francisco where Ipsy started.  I like this bag - it doesn't have the cheap plastic-y feel that the last 2 bags have had. The street map interpretation is fun and different.

The theme this month is Destination Beauty and is supposed to be full of products that are perfect for a weekend to the beach, a stay-cation or anything in between.

So starting from the top of the pic here's what I got:

Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie in Get Ready - this is a sample lipstick tube and is probably about half the size of a normal tube.  This is fine with me as the majority of my lipstick dries out before I finish it.  The color is a bright neutral rose and I've yet to hear anyone who it doesn't look good on.  The color goes on smoothly without drying out my lips.  I love everything I've tried from Bare Minerals and this was no exception.

Chella Indigo Blue Eyeliner Pen - This came in full size and at $24 is worth more than double the price of the bag.  I'll be honest and admit that when I saw this dark blue color that there was no way I was putting this near my eyes.  Then I tried it on.  Oh my it's amazing!  Like actually spend $24 to buy a new one when this one runs out kind of amazing.  It makes my eyes look bluer and my lashes stand out more all while adding just a subtle hint of blue.  It's much more of a neutral than you'd think even after swatching.  I've been using it as a thick line and winging it out just slightly.  Then I'll smudge my usual color - either dark brown or charcoal right at the lash line leaving blue visible above it.  The only negative is the pen kind of drags a little so I've had to go back to fill in the line but that's pretty normal for eyeliners of this type.

NYX Palette in Love in Rio -  This 3 full size eye shadows that come in a 6 or 9 shadow palette from NYX. The colors are pretty - a light pink for highlighting, a shimmery medium brown for the lid and a dark shimmery brown for the crease.  I need to play around with this more because while I like the 2 lighter colors I found the darker color hard to work with.  It's heavily pigmented and didn't blend well so I ended up with much heavier eye makeup than I intended.

Pixi Beauty Flawless Primer - This came in a nice travel size tube.  I was afraid it'd be too shimmery but didn't find it to be so.  It lasts most of the day and gives a nice glowy look.

I was thrilled with my Ipsy bag this month!  The standout was the Chella eyeliner but all of the products were wins.   Can't wait to see what they have in store for us for April.

2 comments: