These were not the cupcakes I planned on making this week. The cupcakes I planned on making were these tasty looking Boston Cream Pie cupcakes. Instead I was flipping through my feedly feed when the picture of these yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting came up and the Tornado insisted in the way only a sugar loving 4 year old can insist that these were the cupcakes that were going to get made. It messed with my list making brain a bit but I didn't have the heart to turn him down. This was a good thing on my part because these little cupcakes are fantastic!
1. Source: Your Cup of Cake - I don't know why I go anywhere else for cupcake recipes. Hers are always amazing.
2. Ease of Recipe (1 being cake mix/canned icing - 5 tons of steps and very time consuming): 2. These are pretty simple and straight forward.
3. Changes Made: Didn't have any buttermilk because when it comes down to it I can't stand the stuff. Mixed a spoonful of sour cream with milk to get the amount needed. I also used Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder instead of regular.
4. Problems: None other than I can't stop eating them.
5. Overall Impression: Simply put - these are the cupcakes. These are the cupcakes you make for birthday parties, potlucks or anywhere else you may need a cupcake. The cake is light and fluffy but still holds together. The chocolate frosting is silky and smooth. It's rich and chocolatey and just the right amount of sweet.
6. Quantity: 14.
7. Make Again?: Oh yes!