1. Source: Krissy's Creations
2. Ease of Recipe (1 being cake mix/canned icing - 5 tons of steps and very time consuming): 2. The directions for making the cake are a little different than the method I normally use but it's not anymore difficult and comes together really well.
3. Changes Made: When I was already in the middle of making this I discovered the buttermilk in the refrigerator was actually more like butter. To make up for it I used 2 tablespoons sour cream to 1/2 cup skim milk which gave it the right tang and texture. I also halved the recipe but that's mostly simple math.
4. Problems: I ended up needing about 5 minutes less cooking time than she called for. My oven tends to run hot so that's not too big of a surprise.
5. Overall Impression: The cake is really lovely - light and fluffy with the tang and vanilla butteriness of a pound cake. I have mixed feelings about the frosting though. It's light and fluffy but the combination of confectioner's sugar as well as the Nutella makes a bit too sweet for me.
6. Quantity: 12 though I could've easily gotten 14 or 15. The original recipe makes 28
7. Make Again?: The cake yes - the frosting probably not.