Monday, November 25, 2013

Ipsy Glambag - November

I always look forward to getting my Ipsy Glambag in the mail.  The variety of brand, product and color is always so great that it's always something to look forward too.  I also can't wait to see what kind of makeup bag I will get.  



This month the bag is a really pretty gold snakeskin type bag.  It really could be used as a little evening bag in a pinch.  Inside there was:

Pixie Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched - This sample is HUGE.  I'm not sure if it's full sized but if not it's pretty close.  I'm not all that familiar with bronzers but I'm looking forward to playing with this.  I've seen the brand at Target and while it has a lot of really good reviews it's not a brand I've ever tried.

BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Baked Eye Shadow in Asteroid -  This a full sized eye shadow that is normally sold as part of a pallet.  The color is kind of a bronze with blue mixed in.  It's very pigmented and blends nicely.  I've never heard of this brand before.

Be a Bombshell Lip Pencil in Hot Damn - this is the second Be a Bombshell product I've gotten and so far I've been impressed with the line.  The pencil goes on really smoothly and has a smidge of shine.  The color is really bright but is a little sheer when applied making it much more wearable.  It lasts as long about as long as a decent lip gloss.

Nailtini Nailpolish in Caviar Cocktail - this is a full sized nail polish.  The color description is molten pewter which I think is about right.  It's definitely not silver but does have a lot of shine to it. It goes on thicker than Essie or Color Club but dries pretty fast and so far has held up through a playdate and a screaming 3 year old.

Em Michelle Phan Lash Gallery Mascara in black - Another full sized product.  This is a new makeup line by one of the creators of Ipsy.  This product alone is worth double the cost of the bag.  I haven't tried it yet because I'm finishing up a mascara from a few Ipsy bags ago but I'm looking forward to it.  I doubt I'd buy it though.  Unless the results are fake  eyelash amazing I doubt I'll be spending $20 on a mascara anytime soon.

Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil in Topaz - Another full sized product and the second pencil from Starlooks I've gotten from Ipsy.  This line of pencils is supposed to be super shiny and creamy with a microglitter finish and it definitely delivers on that.  This is the most shimmery eye pencil I've ever come across.  I was somewhat surprised by the color though.  When I saw topaz I was expecting more of a bronze and this is almost chrome.  I wasn't sure what to do with it until I saw something on Pinterest where they were using a metallic pencil on the waterline.  I've been copying that for the last few days and have really loved the look.

So 6 products that were either full sized or HUGE samples.  I'm always impressed by the amount of stuff I get in the Ipsy bags.  It's not always the most practical and the brands aren't always the most high end but I definitely think this is a fabulous deal!

2 comments:

  1. I really really want to sign up. Must justify.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign up! It kind of pays for itself because I haven't had to buy mascara, eyeliner or lipstick since I started my subscription!

    ReplyDelete