Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Try-It Tuesday - Pretzel Bites

This past week I tried out these Pretzel Bites from Just Get Off Your Butt and Bake from my Snacks, Drinks and Breakfast Stuff Board.  This one got pinned almost 2 years ago so it was more than time to give a try.

The Results:  For some reason I was intimidated by the boiling step of making these.  There was absolutely no reason to because they ended up being super easy.  I didn't read the instructions fully and dipped the boiled dough in butter and then cinnamon/sugar and seasoning blends before baking but that turned out really good.  The only problem is that I mixed salt in with the seasoning blend for the savory ones and some ended up being WAY to salty.  Next time I will just finish stick with a straight up seasoning blend (Brady Street from Penzeys was terrific on these) and then just finish with salt.

Source: Just Get Off Your Butt and Bake
Verdict: Keeper!  Turned out great and were super easy even when I didn't follow the directions completely.

Next Week:
I'm going to visit my Ideas for the Little Board and Clean Bath Toys.  This is desperately needed as the Tornado's bath toys are either growing the start of the zombie apocalypse or a cure for cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment