Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Try-It Tuesday: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake

This past week I visited my 12 Months of Cheesecake board and made this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake.  It's cookie dough, it's cheesecake, how could it go wrong?  Right?  Well not exactly.


In some ways this was a standard baked cheesecake recipe.  I softened lots of cream cheese and blended and blended and blended then baked for a long time and then stuck in the refrigerator for awhile.  The extra step involved making balls of edible cookie dough and freezing them then adding them to the cheesecake batter.  Now for the problems - I ended up with 2 technical problems.  The first one is that I should've cooked it longer.  I baked it for the hour called for and the top looked appropriately browned.  However, it probably should've baked an additional 20 minutes or so.  The center never quite set even after spending the night in the refrigerator.  Another technical problem is that I never got it quite smooth.  The cheesecake stayed a bit grainy.  This is another one where the fault was mine.  I do tend to get a bit impatient with cheesecakes.  But when it really came down to it I just didn't care for the flavor of the tart cheesecake with little balls of sweet cookie dough.
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything
Verdict: Not worth the calories

For next Tuesday I'm going to attempt an advent calendar based on this pin that I found on my Christmas board.  After that I think I will end up staying on my Christmas board for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment