Thursday, November 7, 2013

Week 17 Cupcakes - Barefoot Contessa's Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

I had a crazy afternoon hauling a tired over stimulated 3 year old and 2 teenagers all over the place.  I was hungry, tired and my ankle felt like someone had been hitting it with a hammer.  However, the thought of a plate of these amazing chocolatey peanut buttery cupcakes waiting for me at home kept me from curling up in a ball and refusing to go anymore.  This is the first recipe from Barefoot Contessa that I've tried this month and if every other recipe ends up being awful the month will still come out as a win.


1. Source: Barefoot Contessa at Home on Food Network

2. Ease of Recipe (1 being cake mix/canned icing - 5 tons of steps and very time consuming): 3

3. Changes Made: None.  This recipe is perfection.

4. Problems:  None.  See above.

5.  Overall Impression:  I can't say enough positive things about this frosting.  It's amazing. It's richly peanut buttery yet still light and airy.  And the cake...  When I talk about these cupcakes I feel like Marshall from How I Met Your Mother when he talks about hamburgers.   It tends to get poetical and dramatic.  These are really really really good.

6. Quantity:  15

7. Make Again?:  Yes, I may just make these once a week for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment