This is a linkup hosted by Emmy Mom where you share 5 thoughts and 5 pictures from this past week!
This was a big week for us in North Alabama because we had something that we very rarely see - snow that actually stuck to the ground!
1. I'm seriously craving a Chick-fil-A chicken biscuit right now. Fried chicken goodness on a buttery biscuit! I may have to talk J in to going there tomorrow morning.
2. I'm feeling so un-Valentine-y right now it's ridiculous. I don't know if it's all the grey weather, the snow and ice getting us off schedule, everyone being home for 3 days which drives my inner introvert crazy after awhile or lack of exercise but my mood is foul. The sun's out, the house is empty, I"m getting my workout video ready and everyone's back where they're supposed to be so hopefully that will get turned around. We are doing a little dinner tonight. The Tornado helped me pick the menu so it's macaroni and cheese (with smoked gouda - SO good) and chocolate milkshakes.
3. I'm loving The Taste on ABC right now. Really I just want to listen to Nigella Lawson speak and Marcus is such a decent guy. Definitely looking forward to the finale next week. Can't wait to see who wins.
4. We've been watching the Olympics some this week. I love figure skating! I haven't watched it ages though in the last winter Olympics I watched the ice dancing because that was always on at 3AM when I was up feeding a very very tiny Tornado! The luge completely mystifies me though. I get the sport aspect of it but what I don't get is how does it start. I know you have to start training for most things insanely young so at what point do you tell your child "Yes, dear of course you can start training for a sport that involves sliding down a long track at about 80mph with only a tiny sled and a helmet." I just don't see this conversation coming up!
5. We're taking the Tornado to see his first movie tomorrow and he and J are beyond excited about it. I have commitment issues with movies so I'm not quite as excited but it should still be fun. We're going to go see the Lego movie. Emma saw it last weekend with her boyfriend and hasn't stopped raving about it since.
I actually have pictures this week!
This is why having a 16 year old boy around is entertaining - they do stuff like this. He just ran out to see if he could. This was the first snow day when we only had maybe an inch.
I'm still not sold on the whole snow thing but I have to admit the house does look pretty.