Sunday, February 9, 2014

This Week in Food



A week of Nigella Lawson recipes makes for a pretty tasty week!  I used mostly Nigella Kitchen with a couple of recipes from Nigella Express.

This week we had:

Pigs in a Blanket with Dipping Sauce - Why oh why have I never thought to try puff pastry with this??  So good and so easy.  

Sunshine Soup - Unfortunately this was one of those recipes where everything that could go wrong did go wrong.  I didn't watch the peppers closely enough and too many got overly scorched, then I was in too big of a hurry and didn't blend properly.  The liquid part of the soup got over-boiled so there wasn't enough broth.  The flavor was good though having both peppers would have added a little more flavor and not boiling off all of the broth would have allowed for a much better texture.  If your oven and stove tend to cook hot this is a recipe you need to pay attention too. 

Tarragon Chicken - Oh my this was good.  It cooked beautifully and tasted amazing.  The sauce was phenomenal over mashed potatoes - not exactly French but definitely good.  Everyone loved this one and it was pretty easy for how nice it looked.  This would be one J would want on the regular rotation if we actually had a regular rotation.

Doughnut French Toast - All that French Toast should be.  I'm not sure regular French Toast that isn't rolled in sugar will satisfy anymore.  I also think adding some cinnamon to the mix would be really good as well.  It's nice and creamy with the perfect vanilla not.  I could have eaten my weight in this with no problem.

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Good chocolate chip cookies that are easy to put together and don't require a mixer.  I know they're good because the entire batch is almost completely gone and I just made them yesterday!

Pinterest:

Only one recipe made from Pinterest this week because I'm trying to cut back on the baked goods I make though I am hoping to make more breads.

These Irish Cheddar Scones are amazing.  Just the right amount of cheese-y with the beautifully buttery scone.  I did up using English cheddar versus Irish cheddar which I'm sure is causing my Irish ancestors some pain but for some reason I had sharp English cheddar on hand but no Irish so sometimes we have to do what has to be done.  These come together nicely and cut out beautifully.  I'll definitely be making these again!



No comments:

Post a Comment