Thursday, October 3, 2013

September Favorites

September ended way too fast.  I got Bobby Flay month wrapped up and am pretty sure all those delicious hamburgers have caused some artery clogs but they were worth it.  I've had the cold that will not die mixed with allergies for the last two weeks which is leaving me not feeling particularly enthusiastic but its actually been a really great month.  For starts I read Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project and started following her blog.  She kind of annoys me but the information has been really useful.  Its so easy to get bogged down with all the little stresses and forget how great things really are.  This book and the blog have really helped me bring all of that into focus.   The Tornado is still loving school and things are still going reasonably smoothly for the older 3.

September Favorites:

Television:
Netflix had the audacity to pull Monk off at the end of September.  Luckily I only have 1 season to go and one of the library carries the DVDs.  Not the one closest to me but one that's still pretty close.  However, I forgave them because they put season 8 of How I Met Your Mother up and I've done little else the past couple of days than binge watch How I Met Your Mother.  I just finished season 1 in less than 48 hours.  Awful compared to the speed Eleanor and Emma can go through a season but I'm still somewhat proud/horrified at myself.



Also, I finally discovered The Chew.  I adore Michael Symons, Clinton Kelly and Mario Batali.  I'm loving this show with all the foodie stuff and the complete lack of drama.  






Favorite Clothing Purchase:  I bought these French terry pajama pants the other day from Target and I adore them.  They're the most comfortable thing I've ever put on which has been a good thing since I have the cold that will not die.  They're thick enough to be cozy without being so heavy that I get hot.  I'll probably go back and buy them in a few more colors next week.   These pants with my favorite fuzzy socks and I'm in absolute heaven.




 Favorite Workout:  I've finally added exercise back into my daily routine and I'm loving the Blogilates workouts.  She's done a billion of them so you can really pick and choose what you want to do that day and how long you have.  Her Slimmer Inner Thighs workout is one of my favorites.  She's got a good mix of toning and cardio workouts too.






Favorite Beauty Box Product:  BCBGMAXAZRIA Bon Genre.  I love this perfume and am seriously thinking about buying a full bottle.  I loved both boxes this month and am really excited to see what they have to offer in October.  I'm loving that I decided to subscribe to Ipsy too.







Pin that I'm most excited about trying:   This Copycat Arby's Beef n' Cheddar  from Oh Sweet Basil.  Arby's is my favorite fast food place by far and this is my favorite item from there.  We don't eat there very often because J really doesn't like it.  We agree on enough other places that its not a big deal but I do look forward to my occasional Arbys.  The possibility of making them at home is too exciting for words.





So that's it for September.  This cold has kept me from trying many new pins like I wanted to but it's been a great month.  Hopefully the cold will go away in October and I can tackle some crafty projects and try out a few new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment