Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Try-It Tuesday - Sweet Corn and Quinoa with Honey Lemon Viniagrette

This Tuesday my Try-It was this delicious looking Sweet Corn and Quinoa with Honey Lemon Vinaigrette from Iowa Girl Eats.
This is one of my favorite food blogs.  Her recipes always look so good and generally have a light twist to them.  I've been wanting to do something with quinoa for awhile but have always chickened out.  Friday night was night 1 of 2 nights that J and all the kids (except for the Tornado of course) would be gone so quinoa salad making time it was!  This recipe wasn't hard to make but was a little complicated.  It did end up using 2 pots and there was a little chopping involved but it was mostly just stirring.  It came together pretty quickly and in about 20 minutes dinner was made, pots and knives were washed and I was sitting down watching TV and eating my dinner.  Now as for the taste - it wasn't one of those meals that I took a bite and thought "This is absolutely amazing."  In fact my first thought was probably along the lines of "Huh, this is...interesting." However, I find myself strangely obsessed with this meal.  It's pretty filling and I feel very virtuous eating it which is nice.  It also reheats beautifully in the microwave which is nice because I'm the only person here who is going to eat it.  Will I make this again?  Probably, especially if J is out of town or to have on hand for lunch.  I will definitely play around with quinoa to see if I can find a flavor combination I like even better.  It started off a bit weird but its definitely grown on me.
Source: Iowa Girl Eats
Verdict: Keeper though definitely a meal just for me

Next Tuesday's pin:
For next Tuesday I'm going to be visiting my Snacks, Drinks and Breakfast Stuff Board.  This board is huge with 425 pins but largely ignored which I really should fix because there are some amazing looking recipes.  Next week I'm going to try these Pretzel Bites with Parmesan or Cinnamon Sugar Glaze.  

No comments:

Post a Comment