Thursday, October 17, 2013

Week 14 Cupcakes - Funfetti

This weeks cupcakes are just the plain old out of the box funfetti cake mix with the plain old out of the container funfetti icing with the included sprinkles.  I'm a bit embarrassed to include this as one of the cupcakes but if I didn't make Funfetti cupcakes for Halloween J would mutiny and my waistline would mutiny if I made more than 1 batch of cupcakes a week.  So for week 14 Funfetti cupcakes it is!


1. Source: ummm... the holiday section at Target?

2. Ease of Recipe (1 being cake mix/canned icing - 5 tons of steps and very time consuming): 1 cause it's a cake mix with canned icing.

3. Changes Made: My big cake mix secret is I replace the water with milk especially if its a white cake mix otherwise it can be a little dry.

4. Problems:  None cause it's a cake mix with canned icing. 

5.  Overall Impression:  These are pretty typical for what they are.  I like the texture of the cake better with milk.  I much prefer a good cream cheese frosting but these do look festive.  My family adores them and they're easy to put together so that's always good.

6. Quantity:  16.  

7. Make Again?:  Yep probably for Christmas and July 4th though the frosting and sprinkles will be different colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment