Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wednesday Wanderings


I have discovered a new subscription box that is seriously tempting me to break my no more boxes resolve.  It's called My Bake Box and for $20/month they send you a box with specialized ingredients to try and a new cupcake recipe.  I'm seriously considering buying myself a 6 month subscription for $100.  This is the first baking box like this and I'm loving the idea.  I also love that while its a little higher than the 2 makeup boxes I currently receive it's not as much as some of the other big boxes.  I also like that it includes ingredients instead of a random gadget.  There are only so many "time saving" kitchen gadgets I can have but I will never get tired of trying new flavorings or spices.

I am not loving the Postal Service at the moment.  We have waves of this.  Sometimes the mail just works.  It arrives when its supposed too and stuff gets picked up when its supposed too generally at a fairly consistent time.  The past week or so its been coming super late or not at all.  I had a book I got through Paperback Swap never make it and am currently expecting 2 books that should've been here days ago.  Also we keep getting other people's mail and the past few days our mail has been getting here around 8PM.  I'm hoping this is just a phase and not the new way of life.

We are going to the Halloween Party at the Tornado's school tonight and he's so excited he can barely stand it.  I have to pin up his sheriff's coat so he doesn't trip over it though.  Hopefully someone of my limited abilities can manage to use a few safety pins effectively.  The forecast isn't looking good for the actual Halloween night.  I'm sure I'm not the only parent holding my breath on that one.

I went through Disney Jr and PBS Kids and recorded every Halloween kids show they had on.  I was unaware of how many really and truly bad shows there are.  And the worse they are the more he seems to love them.  I've had a song from the Imagination Movers stuck in my head for days now!

As part of my happiness project I'm trying to stay more on top of keeping the house cleaner.  I've gone back to a room a day schedule and it seems to be really helping though I'm still not any fonder of cleaning.  I've also been trying to play outside with the Tornado at least 30 minutes a day.  So far so good.  Breaking all my ideas into chunks and implementing them bit by bit is way more workable than a complete life makeover in a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment