Friday, October 4, 2013

Week 12 Cupcakes - M&M Cupcakes

This time of year is always disappointing for me.  All of those delicious pumpkin recipes floating around and try as I might I just don't like pumpkin.  Luckily these M&M Cupcakes made up for missing out on all the pumpkin cheesecakes, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin muffins and pumpkin cakes.  The buttercream is so good it almost makes up for having this cold for 2 weeks straight.  This recipe caught my eye because Ringo's favorite candy is M&Ms but they ended up being a complete family favorite.



1. Source:  Cookies and Cups. This is one of my go-to blogs especially for sweets.
2. Ease of Recipe (1 being cake mix/canned icing - 5 tons of steps and very time consuming):  3.  It gets the extra point because it has the extra stage of crushing the M&Ms before adding them to the buttercream.

3. Changes Made:  None

4. Problems:  None.  This came together really well and the directions were exact

5.  Overall Impression:  Oh my these are good.  The frosting is divine and the milk chocolate cake is delicious.  These are crazy good.  I can't say enough good things about these cupcakes.

6. Quantity:  12 with plenty of frosting

7. Make Again?:  For the sake of my waist I probably should lose this recipe immediately but I doubt I can resist making these periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment