Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wednesday Wanderings

The Tornado spent about 6 hours on Sunday helping J rake up the back yard.  Granted most of the time was spent in a leaf fort J built with the bags but he did sometimes help put leaves in the bag and get new bags.  Plus, he was outside all day working with his daddy so he was thrilled beyond belief.  The picture shows only about a third of the leaf bags.  J hasn't even started on the front yard yet which is about twice the size of the back.




I've been watching Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior on Netflix and I had forgotten how much I liked it. It got cancelled after only one season much to my disappointment but now I can relive the glory thanks to Netflix.  I'm not sure what it says about me that I burn out on sitcoms much faster than crime shows.

My Ipsy bag is on its way and I'm so excited I can barely stand it.

I received my 2nd Cosmopolitan magazine Saturday.  I still haven't figured out why I have this subscription.  After reading it while I was waiting to pick up Ringo from practice I did figure out that I'm way too old for Cosmo.

I'm reading Gretchen Rubin's 2nd book Happier at Home.  I'm starting to feel like a cult member because I keep having to fight the urge to STRONGLY recommend her books to people.  She annoys me but her ideas really do get me thinking about how to improve my own life.  I've been doing a lot of thinking about how improve our house decor wise.  It got kind of stripped down when the Tornado was first walking but now he's old enough to leave stuff alone for the most part so it's time to start redoing some things.

Saturday night J and I stood on the back deck and listened to 2 hoot owls talk back and forth for awhile.  It was very very cool.  One of the owls seems to have taken up residence in one of the trees in our yard.

I have come to the conclusion that I don't like ankle boots or animal print.  They're fine on other people but I just don't like them.  On the other side of that I've decided I like oxfords and I'm drooling over a few Burberry coats.  Polyvore may not be a good idea for me because almost all the coats are gorgeous and most are very very pricey.

My love/hate relationship with Bath and Body Works Wallflowers continues.  I'm in the love phase right now but history suggests the hate phase will start in a few months when I keep having to make special trips and dish out a lot of money for refills.  I've tried pretty much every type of plug in that's made and unfortunately I like the scents and strength of fragrance best in the wallflowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment