Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Try-It Tuesday: 8 Minute Yoga for Better Sleep

So this picture doesn't actually have anything to do with the post.  It's my Grandfather who turned 90 yesterday.  It was taken during his time in Korea.  This pin didn't actually have a product that I could take my usual badly lit photo of and I couldn't come up with anything that wasn't either weird or pointless so this picture is far more interesting anyway.

This pin was a little different from any that I've done before.  It was an 8 minute yoga workout for better sleep from Fitness Magazine.  It consists of 5 exercise that you're supposed to do for a certain amount of time.  It turned out that this was harder to fit in than I thought it would be which is probably why I have a difficult time sleeping in the first place!  I finally got around to giving it a try last night and had some mixed results.  4 of the positions were great.  They were simple and provided just the right amount of stretch.  I could feel tension leaving and was feeling all relaxed.  Then I got to the 5th position that involved rocking back and forth.  There was no way I could get it to work on the bed but when I moved the floor the angle hurt my back even though the floor is carpeted.  I also found keeping up with the amount of time specified distracting.  In all but 1 it was impossible to see a clock without having to move.  I'm thinking of trying to incorporate 4 of the 5 positions into getting ready for bed and maybe just do them to the count of 10.   

Source: Fitness Magazine
Verdict: Keep but with some tweaking

Next Week - I'm going to go to my House Stuff board and attempt to easily clean my oven.  It should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment