This recipe has been floating around in my brain pretty much since I started wasting time on Pinterest. I figured this would be a perfect cupcake for the halfway mark. 26 cupcakes down and 26 cupcakes to go!
1. Source: Your Cup of Cake from the blog though the cookbook is great too
2. Ease of Recipe (1 being cake mix/canned icing - 5 tons of steps and very time consuming): 2.5. The .5 is for having to crush up the cereal so I'm kind of being hypercritical.
3. Changes Made: None
4. Problems: Not really a problem but when she says Cinnamon Toast Crunch ground to a powder she isn't kidding. I finely crushed mine without reading the directions correctly and the tiny bits of cereal weren't very appealing.
5. Overall Impression: The cake is delicious. It's buttery and vanilla-y with just the right touch of cinnamon. The texture is nice and moist but still holds together. I wasn't as in love with the frosting. Maybe just a little cinnamon to a plain vanilla buttercream would've worked better. Nothing really screamed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal so I think I could have achieved the same vanilla/cinnamon mix with 1/2 teaspoon or so of cinnamon versus having to buy and then crush the cereal.
6. Quantity: 15
7. Make Again?:Yes but I will probably leave out the cereal and just have cinnamon toast cupcakes.