Thursday, January 9, 2014

Week 26 Cupcakes - Cinnamon Toast Crunch

This recipe has been floating around in my brain pretty much since I started wasting time on Pinterest. I figured this would be a perfect cupcake for the halfway mark.  26 cupcakes down and 26 cupcakes to go!




1. Source: Your Cup of Cake from the blog though the cookbook is great too

2. Ease of Recipe (1 being cake mix/canned icing - 5 tons of steps and very time consuming): 2.5.  The .5 is for having to crush up the cereal so I'm kind of being hypercritical.

3. Changes Made: None

4. Problems:  Not really a problem but when she says Cinnamon Toast Crunch ground to a powder she isn't kidding.  I finely crushed mine without reading the directions correctly and the tiny bits of cereal weren't very appealing.

5.  Overall Impression:  The cake is delicious.  It's buttery and vanilla-y with just the right touch of cinnamon.  The texture is nice and moist but still holds together.  I wasn't as in love with the frosting.  Maybe just a little cinnamon to a plain vanilla buttercream would've worked better.  Nothing really screamed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal so I think I could have achieved the same vanilla/cinnamon mix with 1/2 teaspoon or so of cinnamon versus having to buy and then crush the cereal.

6. Quantity:  15

7. Make Again?:Yes but I will probably leave out the cereal and just have cinnamon toast cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment