Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What's For Lunch Wednesday - Apple Honey Cheese Quesadilla

Part of my New Year's Resolutions is to mix up what I eat for lunch a little.  This week's offering came from Weelicious Lunches though you can also find it on the Weelicous blog.  I got the book from the library and then ended up buying it because it had  a lot of really great lunch ideas.  Though this is a book designed for kids lunches I bought it for myself.  The Tornado isn't big on change.  He refused to eat his sandwich the other day because the bread wasn't the same shape even though it was the same kind of bread just a different brand.

I like the apple cheese combination and I love making my tortillas from this recipe. I figured this would be a win-win.  I'd make a batch of tortillas so I could make this and Emma and the Tornado could finish off the rest of the batch.

My results: Didn't love it.  I never got a satisfactory cheesey bite and I found the honey and apples overshadowed the cheddar.  I had a really hard time flipping it in quesadilla form.  The flavor was pretty good but it wasn't particularly filling.   Maybe there wasn't enough protein?  I really had to fight the urge to go on a snacking rampage that afternoon which normally isn't a big deal.  I made this in grilled cheese form the next day and liked it a little bit better but it's definitely not going on my make again list.  I'll stick with my peanut and jelly sandwich with some cheez-its this week I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment