Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Try-It Tuesday - Calm Down Jar

Pretty much since I figured out how to use Pinterest I've been obsessed with those glitter/calm down/time out jars I've seen just about everywhere.  When I found this pin on my Ideas for the Little I decided it was definitely time to give it a try.  This was a perfect thing for the Tornado to help with.  He could do the dumping and it was quick to get the pieces together and assemble it.


The only problem I ran into is that the glue I knew I had has disappeared.  I searched everywhere for it but had luck.  This has been a problem for me lately. I'm not sure if it's my lack of sleep that's causing my forgetfulness or I have gremlins.  Either is a perfectly valid option.  Thankfully this project is pretty forgiving so we substituted the glue for some canola oil and figured I could turn this into a lesson about density. The oil does cause some of the glitter to stick to the edge of the jar but with some swishing it all works out.  The result is pretty and the Tornado had good time helping.  Whether or not it helps calm him down remains to be seen.

Source Creative Little Daisy - the blog doesn't seem to be kept up anymore which is too bad because it's a fun blog to read.
Verdict: Quick and Easy project

Next week: I found this fun scarf idea on my Clothes and Stuff board and can't wait to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment