Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What's For Lunch Wednesday - Cheesy Pasta Salad



This week for lunch I used my Weelicious Lunches book by Catherine McCord again and made Cheesy Pasta Salad.  I loved the Greek-Israeli Couscous Salad I made last week and was hoping for similar results.  Unfortunately I wasn't quite as wow-ed with this one.  The result is much more kid friendly than adult friendly which makes sense because the whole purpose for the book is kid lunches.

This is quick to make and easy to put together.  The thing that took the longest was cooking the pasta and that could easily be made ahead of time.  The main flavor was Italian dressing which is good (who doesn't love Italian dressing) but not something I would look forward to digging into.

Source: Weelicous Lunches by Catherine McCord

Verdict: Good as lunch or a side dish for picky kids but just okay for my lunch.  I'll probably finish this but I won't mind going back to my peanut butter sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment