Thursday, January 23, 2014

Week 28 Cupcakes - Apple Pie Cupcakes

I've been trying to cut down on the sweets I eat and have been on a major apple kick lately.  When it came time to pick a cupcake for this week the apple pie cupcakes I've had on my board for 2 years.  I have no idea how I waited 2 years to make these but I won't wait 2 more years to make them again!







1. Source:  Alpineberry - I haven't looked at this blog before but after these I'm definitely going to check it out.

2. Ease of Recipe (1 being cake mix/canned icing - 5 tons of steps and very time consuming):  3.  You do have to cook the apples but that can be done beforehand.  Everything else assembles pretty quickly.

3. Changes Made:  None

4. Problems:  Mine needed to cook a lot longer than called for.  I don't know if it was because of cupcake size differences or what.  I ended up adding a total of 8 minutes to the total time cooked.

5.  Overall Impression:  These cupcakes are amazing.  The cake is moist, wonderfully butter which just a touch of cinnamon flavor.  The cooked apples are great on their own and I might double the recipe next time so I can serve the extras with breakfast or with ice cream on top.  The frosting is super buttery and not too sweet and whipped until it's smooth and light textured.  Seriously, they're good.  I've been only eating sweets 2 days a week and haven't had any problems sticking to that until I made these.  I ate my fair share yesterday but today it's all I can do not to inhale a few more.

6. Quantity:  23

7. Make Again?: Oh yes.  Most definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment