Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tuesday Try-It - (Fresh)Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Brown Butter Cookies

I came across this recipe for cranberry chocolate chip cookies on Keep It Sweet Desserts and was intrigued.  Then when I saw it involved brown butter coupled with the fact I had half a bag of fresh cranberries left over from Christmas it moved up to my must try list.  So on Sunday I set out to make these.  I was a little disappointed that the dough had to chill overnight so I wouldn't be eating the chocolately brown buttery tartness right then but I soldiered on.  Yesterday I pulled the carefully wrapped up ball of dough and got to work.  The results - eh.  If I made these again I think I would use chocolate chips or even mini chocolate chips as the stiff dough pared with the big juicy cranberries and the chocolate chunks was a little difficult to work with.  As for the flavor - not my favorite cookie.  I liked the fresh cranberries but the cookie itself was a little dry.  I will definitely be looking for something else to bake fresh cranberries into - I've got about a cup left!

Source - Keep It Sweet Desserts - which has all kinds of great recipes even though this one didn't quite do it for me.
Verdict - Liked the idea better than the execution.

Next Week - So far 2014 has been very productive.  I've gotten things reorganized, cleaned out, moved around and put up.  Unfortunately the downside to this is that I can't seem to shut my mind off and have been staying up until 1 or 2 every night.  I'm a big fan of just pouring coffee onto the problem but it's getting a little much.  When I came across this pin for an 8 Minute Yoga Workout for better sleep on my Stuff for Me board I decided I have to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment