This week I'm linking up with Emmy Mom and Nicole at Life's a Beach for the Friday 5. It's a fun way to end the week with 5 facts and 5 pictures about the past week.
1. We ended up going on a spontaneous adventure Saturday which is so not our usual style but so much fun. We drove to this little town near us where they have an old fashioned hardware store and some gorgeous houses including one that we decided has to be haunted.
2. This week was also the birthday party of a friends' little girl and the Tornado has been looking forward to it for WEEKS! It was such fun. The friend always does a fantastic job with playdates and parties and this one was no exception.
3. We have finally made our spring break plans and it looks like the kids and I will be heading out of town down to south Mississippi to stay with my grandparents for a few days. They live in the middle of nowhere and have an assortment of animals and lots of places to wander so it's always a good time. I don't think J is going to make it but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
4. Our allergies are all going crazy right now. I'm about 50% benadryl. Paul should be but he gets all teenager-y stubborn/forgetful and doesn't take any which makes him sniffly all the time. The Tornado is having some problems especially in the morning. Not sure if he's going to school today but I'm hoping the allergy medicine will kick in because he's not a good patient.
5. Speaking of teenager-y problems Emma broke up with her boyfriend this week. It's always awful when stuff happens that you can't fix for them. I let her take a personal day the day after and she seems to be doing okay with it.