Thursday, March 20, 2014

Week 36 Cupcake - Peanut Butter Cupcake with Dark Chocolate Frosting

Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favorite flavor combinations and one I've been seriously craving lately.  I think all the Reeses' eggs that are everywhere tempt me.  Something about the seasonal Reeses' make them hard for me to pass up.  So when I saw these peanut butter cupcakes with dark chocolate frosting I decided this may be the answer.  Plus the recipe makes 12 which is high on my priority list.






1. Source:  Sally's Baking Addiction
2. Ease of Recipe (1 being cake mix/canned icing - 5 tons of steps and very time consuming): 2.  Just a cake and frosting so pretty simple.

3. Changes Made:  I was out of dark brown sugar so I had to substitute light.  Also, I didn't have the cute little mini-Reeses' to top the cupcakes with because 2 unknown people (J and the Tornado) got into the bag I had bought and ate them all.

4. Problems:  Mine needed less cooking time than called for.  Since I was paying complete attention they got a little overdone.  Next time I would shorten the cooking time by 2 or 3 minutes at least.

5.  Overall Impression:  I really wish I hadn't overbaked these because they would've been fabulous.  I always taste the batter before it goes into the oven but in this case I ended up eating it out of the bowl with a spoon.  It was amazing - probably one of the best ever.  So peanut buttery and amazing.  My cake texture was dry but that was due to over baking.  The frosting was a little heavy though the flavor and sweetness were really good.  Next time I'll try whipping it on high speed for an additional minute or two or substitute half the cream for milk.  Other than these 2 tiny problems (one my fault) the cupcakes were absolutely everything you could want to satisfy a chocolate peanut butter craving.

6. Quantity:  12

7. Make Again?:  Yes, though I'll watch the baking time  a little more carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment