Monday, March 17, 2014

My Ireland Box Review - March

I signed myself up for a 3 month subscription to My Ireland box, a subscription box filled with a different blend of things from Irish artisans.  The box is just over $40/month though there is a mini box available for around $25.  I got the regular size box which is a bit bigger than a shoe box and is packaged like a gift with tissue paper.  It took less than a week from shipping to my doorstep.

The full contents of the box

There's a card in the box that tells a little bit about the people who created the items in each box.  It tells where they're from and why they were selected.

First up was some Barry's Tea which wasn't mentioned anywhere so I think it was just an extra.  I've been reading a lot of books set in Ireland and they all mention Barry's tea so I was glad to get a couple of bags to sample.

Then came this gorgeous calendar from Dublin photographer Liam Blake.  The photos are beautiful and every month is different.  The photos are 5x7 size and once I'm done using this calendar I think I'm going to frame my favorites and it will fill fit perfectly on this little wall I haven't known what to do with.

Then came this fridge magnet from Harvest Pictorial in West Cork.  This isn't my usual style but it's on my refrigerator and I enjoy looking at it every morning.

This tote bag is made by Olyart in County Galway.  It's a really nice quality tote bag and the sheep makes me giggle.  I'm going to be using it as my new library bag.

I had no idea what this was when I first pulled it out of the box but when I connected the tab ins I got:

Sheep napkin rings!  These are really cute - photos don't do them justice.  They're from a company called Green Gorgeous in County Louth and will be going on my table for our St. Patrick's day dinner.

This box definitely contained a wide variety of stuff.  Everything is unique, everything is useful and everything has made me smile.  I'm definitely happy with this box and can't wait till my April box arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment