Monday, December 30, 2013

First Golden Tote!

Golden Tote arrived!  Golden Tote arrived!  There was dancing involved when I saw the box on my front porch.  I've been drooling over StitchFix posts for awhile but just wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money on a full box of clothes.  When I started seeing Golden Tote reviews floating around that looked more my speed and to be honest I liked most of the clothes I saw better.  The way it works is like this:
You pick either the $49 tote or the $149 tote.  If you pick the $49 tote like me than you pick 1 item.  If you pick the $149 tote you get to pick 2 items.  Then the Golden Tote people do the rest.  For the small bag you get 1 or 2 surprises and for the bigger bag you get 5 or 6.  The show room updates each month and you can go and pick out your items.  This is something you order not a subscription that is automatically billed once a month.
I'd been tempted by the site for awhile but when I saw this owl sweater I just couldn't resist.  I mean come on - it's owls as elbow patches!  I'm just not that strong.

Most of what I'd seen had been reviews of the bigger bags so I wasn't really sure what to expect.  
First look: 
The box showed up via UPS about 9 days after I placed the order which isn't bad if you consider all the holidays.  The first thing I saw was the trademark Golden Tote.  It's actually a pretty nice tote bag with the words "Stay Golden" printed on the gold bars.

The Unboxing:
3 clothing items!!!  I love that 2 of them came with a little outfit inspiration card.  Not bad at all for only $49 ($56.95 with shipping)

Item 1:
The owl sweater!  It's adorable and so soft.  It will look really great with jeans or dressed up with a skirt.  I got a large because that's all that was available and I'm glad I did because I wanted it to be long enough to wear with leggings.

Item 2:
The colors are a little more muted in person.  This has a pretty little button detail on the back and the sleeves are elbow length with just a little bit of puff.  The print isn't something that I would normally gravitate towards but it's actually really flattering.  I got this in a size small and it fits perfectly.  This didn't come with an inspiration card but I've got a few ideas.  I think it will dress up or down really nicely and look great with a blazer.

Item 3:
When I first pulled this out I was a little surprised because in the light I was in the little chevron-y things looked black and one of the questions you answer on your profile is "What color do you never wear".  I'm one of maybe 2 people in the world who doesn't wear black.  However when I got this open I saw that the main color is a grey with a touch of blue that is edged with black.  This is a super soft wrap dress.  I also got this is a size small and it fits perfectly.  The skirt is really gathered and could make my hips look a bit wider than they should but I feel enough like Kate Middleton in this that I'm going to let that pass.  I think this will look really cute with thick tights and boots for regular life but will dress up nicely with heels.  

So 3 gorgeous unique quality pieces for $49 that can be dressed up or down.  I can pretty much guarantee that this will not be my last Golden Tote.  I'm already anxiously waiting for the January choices to come up!  Another thing I loved about this company is that when I placed the order I ordered a sweater in a size large but in the questionnaire I said I normally wore a size small.  Well the day before my box shipped I got a call from an actual person making sure that both were right because they wanted to make sure I was happy with my order.  I love that someone actually looked at my profile and paid enough attention to notice that discrepancy and then took the time to call me 2 days before Christmas to verify.  I really can't say enough good things about Golden Tote right now.  I'm absolutely thrilled with my order and anyone who gives me a dress that makes me feel like Kate Middleton gets high marks in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment