My cupcakes are all pretty universally ugly. I think I'm going to have to break down and start experimenting with different icing tips or at least get a little more creative with the decorations. Now I'll have to see if this epiphany holds when I make next weeks cupcakes or if I make another cupcake with a uninspired blob o' icing.
1. Source:You Cup of Cake. I got the book for the kindle a week or two ago when it was on super sale and all the recipes look amazing. I was really excited to try a recipe from the blog and it didn't disappoint.
2. Ease of Recipe (1 being cake mix/canned icing - 5 tons of steps and very time consuming): 3. This is a heavily doctored cake mix with a filling and icing.
3. Changes Made: None
4. Problems: None. The instructions were really good. The only problem I had is I could've used more icing. Since this is a pretty standard issue for me I think it's a problem with the amount of icing I use versus a problem with the recipe.
5. Overall Impression: These are really good cupcakes. I thought the plain cream cheese frosting would be a little strange with the peanut butter/chocolate cake but it balanced the moist rich chocolate-y/peanut butter-y flavors really nicely.
6. Quantity: 22
7. Make Again? Yes definitely: