Sunday, December 1, 2013

Week 20 Cupcakes - Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

My cupcakes are all pretty universally ugly.  I think I'm going to have to break down and start experimenting with different icing tips or at least get a little more creative with the decorations.  Now I'll have to see if this epiphany holds when I make next weeks cupcakes or if I make another cupcake with a uninspired blob o' icing.



1. Source:You Cup of Cake.  I got the book for the kindle a week or two ago when it was on super sale and all the recipes look amazing.  I was really excited to try a recipe from the blog and it didn't disappoint.

2. Ease of Recipe (1 being cake mix/canned icing - 5 tons of steps and very time consuming): 3.  This is a heavily doctored cake mix with a filling and icing.

3. Changes Made: None

4. Problems:  None.  The instructions were really good.  The only problem I had is I could've used more icing.  Since this is a pretty standard issue for me I think it's a problem with the amount of icing I use versus a problem with the recipe.

5.  Overall Impression:  These are really good cupcakes.  I thought the plain cream cheese frosting would be a little strange with the peanut butter/chocolate cake but it balanced the moist rich chocolate-y/peanut butter-y flavors really nicely.

6. Quantity:  22

7. Make Again?  Yes definitely:

No comments:

Post a Comment