Thursday, December 12, 2013

Week 22 Cupcakes - Chocolate Marscapone Filled Cupcakes

I'm not a big fan of cookbooks in ebook form.  When I saw that the cookbook from one of my favorite blogs was on sale for super cheap I hesitated but in the end I'm so glad I got it!  This is the best cupcake cookbook I've ever used.  Pretty much every recipe looks amazing and there's tons of new ideas.  Also, since all the cakes are cake mix based they're easy to put together but they're definitely the best cake mixed based cupcakes I've ever had.  I love that this is different combinations of cakes, fillings and frostings with just some basic information on decorating. Decorating isn't high on my priority list so this suited me perfectly.  Please ignore the smudgy fingers on the Kindle in the background.  I like watching Cupcake Wars while decorating cupcakes but it isn't always the best for the screen if I have to restart it


1. Source:  Your Cup of Cake by Lizzy Early

2. Ease of Recipe (1 being cake mix/canned icing - 5 tons of steps and very time consuming): 3 Not difficult but did require a cake, filling and frosting.

3. Changes Made:  None

4. Problems:  None

5.  Overall Impression:  These are really good cupcakes.  The little bit of cinnamon in the cake kept it from being too rich and added a nice little bit of warmth.  The frosting is divine and not overly sweet.  I'm not in love with the filling but I think that's just because as much as I hate to admit it I don't really care for Marscapone.

6. Quantity:  14 but I make big cupcakes

7. Make Again?: Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment