Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wednesday Wanderings

I think my body is taking the drop in temperature as a sign that it's time to hibernate.  Since I'm not a bear and it actually doesn't get that cold here in the South all that it's doing is messing with my weight loss plan which I'm NOT happy about.  My willpower and my survival instincts were having an argument last night about the necessity of consuming an entire bag of Chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Mix.  My survival instinct one a little bit more than I'd like to admit.


My love affair with Bath & Body Works Wallflowers is still going strong.  I have 4 Spiced Apple Toddy plugins throughout the house but the real standout right now is the Lemon Mint Leaf that's in the master bathroom.  It's just the right amount of lemon and mint to feel spa-y without feeling like you're breathing in cleaning supplies constantly.  I'm not sure I want the entire house to smell like this but it's lovely in my bathroom/bedroom.




The Tornado and I are going to attempt the popular glitter ornament that's all over Pinterest.  I'm a bit worried that the entire kitchen will be coated with glitter when this is done but it should definitely be entertaining.

We've been watching an endless supply of Christmas related TV shows and movies and now the Tornado expects there to to be snow on Christmas.  I've tried to explain that we really don't get snow here but he's not convinced.


I got the Weelicious Lunches book from the library last week and really need to invest some time into reading through it.  I have a feeling I'll end up using most of the lunch ideas for myself though.  The Tornado has shot down any lunch idea that doesn't involve a cheese sandwich.  The different lunch everyday/Bento box craze has not reached him yet.  I like the idea of having some different healthier alternatives to my lunches instead of a sandwich and Cheez-Its.



I've been kind of cranky and not in the best frame of mind this past week.  I had the startling realization that while of course the craziness of Thanksgiving had a part in it the larger problem was I had taken a break from exercising.  I got a 10 minute workout in on Monday and all of a sudden my mood improved about 100%.  Not sure how I feel about that but I guess it's not bad that the proven mood buster is both free and good for me it could be a lot worse.

I got my grabbag item from ModCloth.  It's a pretty bright red button down with a vintage-y cut to it.  I love it but it's to small to wear completely buttoned.  I think I can work with it but if I order more tops from ModCloth I will definitely order them in a medium unless it's something really loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment