Monday, December 9, 2013

What I Want for Christmas - Cookbook Edition

I've been using Mondays to review my Ipsy Glambags and Birchbox but not even a shipping notice from either so far this month.  I'm feeling a little neglected but none of the bloggers I've followed have gotten theirs yet either.  I'd go on the websites but I like to go as spoiler free as possible.  So instead here is the cookbook portion of what I want for Christmas!  I love cookbooks and ebook editions are no substitute. I love to flip through a new book and tag the recipes that intrigue me.  Lucky for me the local library has a fantastic cookbook selection or we'd be drowning over here. These are the cookbooks that have caught my eye lately:

Weelicious Lunches by Catherine McCord

I've seen her on a few Food Network shows and I love her blog.  I got this book from the library and was really intrigued by it.  These are mostly lunches that pack well.  I'm trying to take a little more time for my own lunches and even though this book is supposed to be for kids I think I would get a lot of use out of it.  I doubt the Tornado would touch about 90% but it'd be worth a try too.  I may have cheated and put this in my Amazon cart when I was picking out stuff for other people


Michael Symon's Live to Cook

I've loved Michael Symon since I saw him as a guest judge on Next Food Network Star 3 seasons ago.  Then all the holiday specials, Iron Chef America and the Chew did little to make that go away.  I love his practical but adventurous attitude towards food and cooking.  This is one of his books that the library doesn't have and I'm anxious to give it a try.




Martha Stewart's Cakes as well as her Cupcakes and Baking Handbook

I've been obsessed with Martha lately though I can't really say why.  Her interviews always make me want to throw something at the television.  Lately though I've been trying to look through as many books of hers and I can.  I have never seen the Cakes or Cupcakes book but the Baking Handbook is fantastic.  Pretty much everything you've ever need to know about baking from basics to extremely complicated.  The variety of bread recipes is impressive.



'wichcraft: Craft a Sandwich into a Meal and a Meal into a Sandwich by Tom Colicchio

Ever since the month of Bobby Flay's glorious burger creations I've been fascinated by sandwiches and the sample recipe on Amazon for this book looks beyond amazing.  Plus Ringo's been wanting a real club sandwich at home lately and this may be just the ticket.




The Four & Twenty Blackbirds Pie Book by Emily and Melissa Elsen

Several of the blogs I follow have been doing recipes from this book and they've all looked amazing.  Pie isn't one of the desserts I make very much but I might if I had this book.







Six Sisters' Stuff: Family Recipes, Fun Crafts and More

This is one of my absolute favorite blogs.  The recipes turn out great and most of the crafts look like something even I could make look nice.  I'd love to be able to go through their recipes in book form.





The Scarpetta Cookbook by Scott Conant

I love Scott as a judge on Chopped and the few times I've seen him cook the food has looked amazing.  Plus he's apparently a pasta expert.  How could I pass that up?






There's a ton more that I would love to get my hands on so this post could go indefinitely but these are the ones I've been tempted to buy for awhile.  Hopefully I'll have my Ipsy or Birchbox by next Monday but if not I may take a look at the beauty products I covet.

No comments:

Post a Comment