Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Ipsy Glambag Review - December

Last week I wasn't sure if I was ever going to get my Ipsy and Birchbox for the month and then I got then right after the other.  Ipsy was great this month though to be honest I think I'm kind of an easy sell.  I read reviews of people who aren't happy with one or the other pretty regularly.  Most of them get a lot more subscription boxes than I do so maybe their standards are higher.  Regardless, I'm more than thrilled with this bag.


The theme this month was (obviously) celebration.  The bag was a diamond patterned faux leather with the zipper about an inch down on the front.  It was cute but not really my thing which was good because Emma confiscated it pretty quickly.  She ended up using it as a clutch the other night.

The contents of the bag were:

Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio in Naturally Bare - These are 3 full sized eye shadows though I think they're part of a 10 shadow palette.  The colors are beautifully pigmented and go on very smoothly.  I've used this several times already and been really impressed with the staying power.

Be a Bombshell The One Stick in Flustered - This is a bright pinky-red but very blendable (thankfully) creamy stick that can be used on the cheecks, lips or eyes.  There's no way I'm putting this color anywhere near my eyes because I'd look like a swollen mess but it's a good blush or lipstick color.  I haven't played with this one very much yet but I've been pleased with all the Be a Bombshell products I've used.  The main negative is since the color is so bright I will most likely only end up using this as on my lips. If this wasn't a full sized product it had to be pretty close.

Mirabella Eye Blender Brush - When I first pulled the brush out of the package I was kind of eh about it.  Seemed like a nice brush but I already have quite a lot of brushes.  However, after using it this may be my favorite thing in the bag.  It's super soft and does eye shadow magic in the crease.  Somehow it manages to put the perfect amount of shadow exactly where you want it to go.  The handle is solid metal and has a nice weight to it.  The quality is really amazing.  If I ever have to buy brushes in the future I will definitely be checking out Mirabella's products.

Nicka K New York Nail Color in Classic Taupe - Another full sized product!  I've never heard of this brand but I was really excited when I saw the color.  I've been looking for a really neutral brown that wasn't too shimmery or summery but also not to dark and this is definitely it.  The color goes on really nicely and 1 coat really is enough.  The only problem is that it does chip a little faster than my usual Essie polishes but I'm really hard on my hands for some reason and didn't have a top coat over it.

NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Ceto - this is a really pretty shimmery nude.  It goes on almost like a lip balm and isn't drying at all. The problem with this is the same problem I've come across with most lipsticks of this type - the staying power is TERRIBLE.  It's gone in maybe an hour even without eating.

So that's it for this month - All full sized products plus a great quality brush and a nice little bag.  You can't beat Ipsy for value!


No comments:

Post a Comment